Founded in 1946 by Joseph-Rosario Vigneault, the company started as a small hardware store in Sept Iles, Quebec. In 1985, the company switched from a retail vision to more of an industrial one. In 1990, J.R. Vigneault expanded it’s building in Sept Iles to 30,000 square feet. In 1991, the company Equipments Industriels Cartier joined forces with J.R. Vigneault. In 1996, J.R. Vigneault celebrated it’s 50th anniversary and opened JRV Distributing in Labrador City. 1997 and 1998 brought about the acquisition of Accessoires Sept Iles, specializing in wire rope, slings, and lifting equipment, the opening of HSP Industrial in Havre St. Pierre, as well as the transformation of JRV Distributing in Labrador City to LPS Distributing. In February 2000, all the various industrial divisions were brought together under the name “Distributions JRV”. 2005 and 2006 saw the acquisition of a company in Port Cartier and Fermont, Quebec that specialized in work clothes, as well as the purchase of Ventes Indutrielles Cote-Nord that specialized in hoses and rubber products. In 2007, Distributions JRV acquired L.V. Equipment in Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, which became the 6th division of the company. Distributions JRV will continue in the future to focus on the supply of industrial products to our customers across the territories that we cover, as well as continually seek out new opportunities to grow and better service our current customers as well as potential new ones.